Assignment 2: Discussion—Ethics and IPR
IPR protect drug companies from others making their products
without the expense of investing in research and development. IPR
also enable drug companies to recoup research and development
(R&D) costs by charging more for a drug than the marginal cost
of producing it.
One result of this strategy, however, is that unless a company can charge enough to cover the costs of R&D and production, it has no incentive to develop and produce a drug; no matter how important that drug may be to certain populations, for example, the poor in third-world countries.
- What ethical dilemmas does this situation pose for drug companies?
- Do other types of companies face similar dilemmas?
In addition to the readings assigned for
Module 4, identify and read two to three other
articles on professional ethics and the concept of intellectual
Share your observations, early conclusions, reflections, and questions in this discussion.
- By the due date assigned, in a minimum of 400 words, post a summary of your findings to this Discussion Area. Support your work by citing sources according to APA standards.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts and respond by drawing comparisons between their findings and yours.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response
should be thorough and address all components of the discussion
question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed,
according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling,
grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsQuality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions16Quality of responses to classmates12Frequency of responses to classmates4Reference to supporting readings and other materials
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.