We have been focusing upon how those at the top of terrorist groups perform leadership roles and influence various audiences (both within their organizations and to the world at large). For this research paper compare and contrast the leadership and communication techniques of former al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden with those of one other terrorist leader. Select one other terrorist leader from al Qaeda or affiliated groups such as Zawahiri, Baghdadi or Awlaki to compare and contrast with bin Laden’s leadership and communication approaches. State this topic question in your paper.
Ayman al-Zawahiri (al Qaeda successor of Osama bin Laden)
Gohel, S. M. (2017) Deciphering Ayman Al-Zawahiri and Al-Qaeda’s strategic and ideological imperatives. Perspectives on Terrorism, 11 (1). pp. 54-67. ISSN 2334-3745. Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order
Ayman al-Zawahiri (2018). The Counter Extremist Project. Retrieved from https://
Sude, B. (2015, September). Assessing Al-Qa`ida Central’s Resilience. Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order
Council on Foreign Relations. (2011, July 14). Profile: Ayman al-Zawahiri. Retrieved from https:// Bakr al-Baghdadi (Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham [ISIS] leader)
McCants, W. (2015, September 1). The Believer. Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (2018). The Counter Extremist Project Retrieved from https:// A. B. (2015). A Portrait of Caliph Ibrahim. The Cato Review. Retrieved from https:// al-Awlaki (al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula leader, online jihadist radicalizer)
Shane, S. (2017). The Enduring Influence of Anwar al-Awlaki in the Age of the Islamic State. Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order
Anwar al-Awlaki (2018). The Counter Extremist Project Retrieved from https:// K. (2010, March 12). Militant Islam’s Global Preacher: The Radicalizing Effect of Sheikh Anwar al Awlaki. Critical Threats. Retrieved from https:// Specifics :
- The body of your report is to be at least FOUR FULL pages in length(not counting title page and references) and is to contain the following:
- A brief defined (stated) introduction, with the topic and your thesis
- A main body, containing the “meat” of the paper, where you provide the requested information supported by class readings and with your analysis
- A defined (stated) conclusion, summarizing your information clearly and concisely
Make sure you read the instructions carefully and that you focus your paper on answering the assigned questions. This assignment is a research paper, not an opinion paper, so you need to use scholarly sources to support your thesis. Use formal academic writing and do not use the first person such as ‘I’ or ‘my’; see the OWL site on academic writing style. Make sure you use APA style in-text parenthetical citationsat the end of every sentence where you are quoting another’s ideas (or any information) that is not your own thoughts and words, like this (Bergen, 2015, para 14). Citations are required for paraphrases as well, but not the page or paragraph number in that case. I highly recommend you use the APUS writing guide which can be found in the university library or at this link: APUS Research Writing and Style Guide. You are welcome to use supplementary sources to compliment the assigned readings based upon your research, but make sure you use only scholarly and credible sources (do not use open websites and you never want to use wikipedia for a college level paper). Also, dictionaries and encyclopedias as well as general news sites (like CNN, FOX News) are not appropriate for college level research papers. You need to use mainly scholarly and reputable academic books and journal articles. Also, see the APUS Library Homeland Security Program Guidefor good sources, as well as the APUS Research Primerand the APUS Library Research FAQs.
- Written according to the APA style and format (parenthetical in-text citation formats only; not end notes or footnotes);
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font;
- 1 inch margins on all sides with no paragraph indentation other than the first line by .5 inches
- Double space all text (no extra lines or spaces after a paragraph or section headings and no added font sizes or lines either)
- A respectable number of credible resources used, cited in the paper as in-text citations, and included on the reference page. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content (a minimum of 2 new scholarly sources per page in a research paper is acceptable). Use those academic and credible sources provided to you throughout the course, as well as other scholarly material obtained from conducting your own research. Freely utilize appropriate and reputable academic sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly.
- The paper must be free of typographical, spelling and grammatical errors (make sure to proof read before submission)
- Turn your paper in as a Word Document and title your assignment “ Lastname_Progress“
Finally, be mindful of excessive direct quotes as the paper should not contain just a string of quotations from sources. Make sure you comply with all academic integrity standards expected by APUS and as slide 14 of the APUS Academic Integritypresentation posted in course syllabus (and the week 1 introduction forum) states “ Quotes cannot make up more than 10% of the text of your assignment.” So paraphrase where you can and provide your own analysis and synthesis of your research (direct quotes only when necessary to support your thesis). The bottom line for academic integrity is to write an original work for this assignment (not copied from anywhere on the internet or recycled content from your own previous papers) and to properly cite your references.