Answer all three sections, and all questions within each section. Please include examples / references to
readings from class, notes from slide presentations, or videos that we have seen or referenced. Use short
essay answers (or as long as you need). One sentence answers do not qualify as sufficient.
We spent a great deal of time this semester in varying debates. Please think through the following issue
and answer the questions. There are several articles and videos from the semester that you should use as
reference, including, but not limited to the Kasser et al and De Angelis articles as well as the Story of
The materialistic / consumerism lifestyle is leading to increased unhappiness.
1. Please supply a short essay response in agreement with this statement.
2. Please supply a short essay response against this statement.
3. Discuss how the course materials attempt to explain our “unhappiness”.
4. Do you think that as more corporations turn to social responsibility and corporate cultures shift, it
will impact our materialism, or is it up to us to change ourselves?
Consider the following scenario, and answer and discuss the potential impact via the questions below.
Scenario: Temple University announces its intention to close the Center City Campus.
1. List at least five different stakeholder groups and explain the most likely opinion of that group
regarding the decision.
2. Discuss the attributes of each group.
3. Discuss Temple’s responsibilities to each group and how Temple should approach managing its
relationship with each group as it pertains to this decision.
4. Imagine yourself in one of the groups of stakeholders, identify that group, and discuss your feelings
and ideas as a member of that group on the proposed decision. Do you think your opinion matches the
This section involves both a video about Judy Wicks and two articles from class. Watch the video and
read (re-read) the articles and answer the following questions in short essay form. You can also
incorporate information from our last class regarding Local Business Networks, CSO’s, Philadelphia
SBN and BALLE.
Judy Wicks Speech
Local Living Economies: The New Movement for Responsible Business, by Judy Wicks (pdf, week 10)
The Sustainable Business Network Serves the Community Through Social and Environmental
1. Judy Wicks chose to operate a socially responsible business instead of growing and expanding her
business to other cities. Discuss some of the characteristics of Local Living Economies and what affect
they have on both the businesses and the community.
2. In the video, she mentions working with many different suppliers. Explain some of those
relationships and why she chose them instead of national distributors. What benefit did she believe
existed? Do you agree with her assessment about these benefits?
3. How do some of these independent agencies and non-profits help promote community business ideals
(Local Business Networks, CSO’s, Philadelphia SBN and BALLE)?
4. How do you feel the Triple Bottom Line approach measures up against Profit Maximization theory?
Grading Rubric: The maximum score for your Final is 30 points. It will be evaluated on the three
questions, with 10 points available for each. There is no page requirement for this exam, but you must
answer each section and question within. I think it will probably take a few pages for each section (I-
III). You can submit when you are complete through Canvas – any time before May 6th at 8:00pm.
A) I will be looking for you to use course reference material when applicable.
B) You should use short essay style answers, not simply one sentence answers.
C) Well thought out and organized answers will score better than scattered and less coherent ones
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.