Even complicated and confusing topics will be easily developed and covered if you request our help writing an essay. Place an order today!

Interview with Nursing Information Expert

Directions: After completing your interview, you must use this form to submit your assignment to the Dropbox. You may use the form to capture information as you conduct your interview, or fill it in later. The form is expandable and will enlarge the textbox to accommodate your answers. Do not rely only on this form for everything you must include! Please look in Doc Sharing for specific instructions in the Guidelines for this assignment.

Criteria     Fill in the answers in this column.
Demographics: Provide initials of the RN, official job title of interviewee, and the date the interview was conducted.
Required Questions
(answer EVERY question in this section)
1.    Describe your career path to your current position. Include information about education and experiences.
2.    Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force in delivery of nursing care at your facility.
3.    What safeguards and decision-making support tools are embedded in patient care technologies and information systems that support safe practice at your facility?
4.    Tell me about patient care technologies that have improved patient care at your facility.
5.    What groups of healthcare workers rely on you to collect high-quality information or data and how is it utilized?
Optional Questions
(Answer only ONE question from the choices below.)
1.    Please tell me what challenges you have faced in dealing with other disciplines who may not “understand the needs of nurses/nursing?”
2.    Please share an example of how GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) impacted a decision related to your information or data collection.
3.    Please give me an example of how the lack of interprofessional collaboration impacted your role.
4.    Please describe what a typical day on the job is like for you.
Follow-Up Questions
(Answer all of these. Please do not ask them during the interview.
Instead, reflect and answer them afterwards.)
1.    How will completing this interview impact your practice as a BSN-prepared nurse? Give specific examples.
2.    Resources (scholarly articles or texts). Indicate 2 scholarly resources or texts used prior to the interview to familiarize yourself with the individual’s organization, role, or any of the questions you asked to make you a more knowledgeable interviewer.    Resource #1:
Resource # 2:

Interview with a Nursing Information Expert:
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to
•    Communicate your understanding of the importance of quality information in everyday nursing practice;
•    Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Information Expert; and
•    Articulate how the professional nurse uses information or data in everyday practice to improve outcomes.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.

CO #1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO #1)
CO #4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO #4)
CO #8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO #8)
This assignment is worth a total of 250 points.
This assignment, Interview with a Nursing Information Expert, is due at the end of Week 6. Submit your completed Interview, using the Interview Form, to the basket in the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. mountain time. Post questions to the weekly Q & A Forum. Contact your instructor if you need additional assistance. See the Course Policies regarding late assignments. Failure to submit your paper to the Dropbox on time will result in a deduction of points.
1.    Download the NR361 Interview Form from Doc Sharing. It is found under the Week 6 Interview link.
2.    Select your interviewee and schedule an interview. This individual must be a registered nurse. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include but, are not limited to, Nursing Clinical Information Manager; Super User, Director/Manger Clinical Education; Chief Information Officer; Quality Assurance or Performance Improvement Nurse; Nurse Informaticist; Telenursing Specialist; Nurse Abstractor; Case Manager; Compliance Nurse. If you have any concerns about whether the RN is suitable for this assignment, contact your instructor BEFORE you schedule the interview.
3.    Review all questions (areas of inquiry) on the Interview Form located in Doc Sharing PRIOR to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview.
4.    Note that there are five (5) Required Questions to ask the RN.
5.    Note that there are four (4) Optional Questions. You need to select only ONE of them to ask the RN.
6.    Note that there are two (2) Follow-Up Questions that must be answered by YOU.
Prior to conducting your interview, review two scholarly resources. These resources should guide your understanding of the RN’s role and responsibilities or make you more knowledgeable about GIGO, interprofessional communication, or other key concepts in the questions that you may not fully understand. For example, if your interviewee is a Telenurse, you would want to review information on this specialty. If you do not know what GIGO means, look it up.
7.    Conduct your interview. The length of your interview will vary but should not exceed one hour.
8.    Submit the form to the Dropbox prior to the deadline outlined above.

testimonials icon
I need someone to do all the tasks in the excel for both of the sheets within only one hour please, thank you....
testimonials icon
There is a 33% probability of an average economy and a 67% probability of an above average economy. You invest...
testimonials icon
ECO 204 CHAPTER 5 FINAL (Micro_TIF1_9e_Chapter05)...
testimonials icon
How are Marie Curie and Enrico Fermi alike and different?...
testimonials icon
Hi I need som one to do a power point presnetation as follow :The topic is about "Cyber security Impacts on global society"...
testimonials icon
APPLICATION OF THEORY USING ERICKSON’S MODELING AND ROLE-MODELING THEORY. Introduction to the paper includes a few general statements...
testimonials icon
1Operational NeedsMGTCB 5262Operational NeedsAbercrombie & Fitch is currently affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The same is truefor many other retai...
testimonials icon
#1You hear a knock at the door.  Who is it you ask yourself, probably just another salesperson ready to tell you their sales pi...
testimonials icon
A bank made a farmer a loan of $1000 at 16% for three years compounded semiannually. Find the future value and the compound intere...
testimonials icon
Surname 1NameInstructorCourseDateAnswers to History Questions1) Why did so many different resistance groups emerge in the aftermath of the Sovietinva...
testimonials icon
  * Schneider, G. P. (2015). Electronic Commerce (11th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning. ISBN: 978-1-285-425436 -- Chapter 12 ...

Other samples, services and questions:

Calculate Price

When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME

You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.

Approx. price
Order a paper. Study better. Sleep tight. Calculate Price!
Created with Sketch.
Calculate Price
Approx. price