Locate a journal article written within the last 5 years which includes evidence of research on a nursing intervention on a topic of your choice such as COPD or a nursing intervention of your choice or both. Use an electronic database such as CINAHL;
After clicking CINAHL, you will come to a search page. This may look a little like Google. The default is to search by keyword (concept or subject). You can enter a keyword in main search bar. You can combine terms using or and and. Or will give you more results, and and will narrow your search. For example, if you search for AIDS or pregnancy you will get over 150,000 results and if you search for AIDS and pregnancy you will get just over 1,500. You can narrow the search using the features on the left. For example, you can select that you want resources available in full text only (then you don’t have to hunt for the article because the full text version will be immediately available for download). You can also select a publication date range (i.e. to get current evidence you can set it to include a range within the last 3, 5 or 7 years). Now you can select an article from the list given following your search. They may be available in a variety of formats (i.e. PDF).
Write a 2 page paper in APA format addressing the following:
- Introduce the topic and why it is important for nursing (Introduction) 10 points
- Describe the nursing intervention(s) discussed in the article related to the care for a patient 10 points
- What type of evidence/research was used to support or not support the intervention(s) such as a literature search,
- quantitative, descriptive, meta-analysis, etc… You can also look at the reference list for the article as it may
- help you identify what type of research was done, (see page 94-95 in Cherry). (Evidence/Research) 10 points
- Describe how you will incorporate this information into practice. (My Clinical Practice) 10 points
- APA format including title page, headings in your paper, spacing, font, margins, and a Reference List. 10 points 50 points
You don’t need a Running Head, Page Numbers, or Abstract or Conclusion in your paper. Please use Headings such as Introduction, Nursing Interventions, Evidence/Research, My Clinical Practice. Be sure to cite your references in your paper. Include a Reference List at the end which includes all references used in your paper.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your order to get it. You can also order a custom nursing assignment or coursework. Click on the Order Button below.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.